STORM-E is a simulation designed to culminate any weather unit. The target audience is grades 4-6.
Air pressure, humidity, winds, and temperature are the four areas that organize the simulation. Each student joins a team that focuses on the data from one of those areas. The teams will be asked to help with a problem.
The simulation is divided into three sections:
Information and activities presented before the videoconference. Includes:
- Days 1 - 3 maps, graphs, and data.
- Concepts, skills, and terms to cover before the event.
- Pre-Event timeline.
The videoconference. Includes:
- Day 4 maps and graphs.
- Event timeline.
- Teacher guidelines.
Activities to be completed after the videoconference. Includes:
- Suggestions for weather research.
- Suggestions for contacting local media.
- Ideas for student presentations.
- Questions for student debriefing.