CyberSurgeons addresses these important goals:
• Improve science education using innovative and highly engaging approaches to teaching and learning.
• Increase science literacy among high school students taking biology, anatomy/physiology, or related classes.
Specifically, we seek to increase knowledge and understanding of:
• The process of biomedical research and clinical trials.
• How to evaluate the quality of research studies in these areas.
• Biomedical science, especially as it relates to the development of pharmaceuticals.
• Human anatomy and physiology, especially the pathophysiology of cancer.
• Promote career awareness for biomedical fields among the target population.
• Create a program with the potential to be replicated for widespread use.
• Build on existing science education programs.
• Create a program that considers the needs of underrepresented and underserved groups.