The attachments below contain everything to be printed-- including all the instructions for each team. There can be up to four teams of eight students apiece: Alpha, Bravo, Charlie & Delta. Keep in mind that these are referred to as “Teams”. The pairs within the teams are called “Specialists”. This is important and should not be confused.
Each team of eight students works together to move the fictional patients through the health care process. The students need to be able to work in pairs; each pair needs one computer.
Printed Materials needed
- Case Managers Instructions (one for each Case Manager)
- Specialist Instructions (one for each specialist)
- Patient Report Forms (one for each patient- approximately 12 per team)
- Mid-Shift Cases - Report Forms (print one copy of each team's forms)
- Glossary (one per team)
- Table Tents
- Pens/ Pencils for each person
- Post-it Notes
- One mouse per laptop
- Patient Care Wall Chart (one for each team)
- Markers for updating the Patient Care Wall Chart (one for each team)
Preparation of Wall Charts
Use a poster board, white board, or easel to create Patient Status Boards wall charts that can be seen by everyone in the room. Use one Wall Chart per team. Put the team name at the top. The board should be prepared with one column for patient names and six additional columns labeled, “Initial Diagnosis, Tests Ordered, Results In, Final Diagnosis, Treatment Plan, Trial Selected”. Leave plenty of dry erase or other markers nearby.